Tonight as Mike and I sat down to a dinner of Maid-Rites, he made a comment about how this dinner was helping him on his quest to become a true Iowan. He has an Iowa drivers license, is registered to vote in Iowa, and has lived here for nearly 6 years, but what truely makes you an Iowan? Jokingly, we decided to make a list of what it will take for him to become an Iowan. Here it is (in no particular order)!
2. Attend a Hawkeye wrestling meet. CHECK! Not to mention the Big 10 Wrestling meet, Midlands, and National Duals! I think he gets bonus points for this one!
3. Eat a Maid-Rite. CHECK! Thanks to tonight’s dinner!
4. Go to Adventureland. CHECK! He’s been twice with summer camp. In fact, tonight we had a debate about which rollarcoaster is more rickety, the Outlaw or the “concussion inducing Dragon” as Mike likes to call it. Thoughts?
Pretty good so far, but this is where he starts to fall short…
5. Visit the Field of Dreams. Nope, not yet, maybe later this summer.
6. Detassel. Nope, but my brother detassels every summer, so maybe he’ll hire Mike next summer. For those of you not from Iowa, click here to find out what detasseling is.
7. Ride in RAGBRAI. Nope, but neither have I, so we’ll have to accomplish this one together.
So that’s what we came up with!
Iowans: what else should be added to our list?
Non-Iowans: what are the must-dos in your state?